It is unfortunate that most non-Muslims are unaware of the Muslim belief regarding Jesus and Mary. Indeed they may be shocked when they come to know it. In explaining our beliefs, we will translate the meaning of the Quranic verses which speak about Jesus and Mary. This approach, which employs the primary source of Islam, ensures accuracy in conveying our beliefs about them. The Quran is the great foundation of belief for Muslims in every time and place.
116. And when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O' Jesus, son of Mary! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?' " He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of the unseen.
117. "Never did I say to them except that which You (Allah) did command me to say: 'Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I was among them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things.
118. "If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise."
119. Allah will say: "On this Day, the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) - they shall abide therein forever. Allah is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success.
120. To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all therein, and He is Able to do all things.
36. [Jesus said]: "And verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (Alone). That is the Straight Path. (Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism which He did ordain for all of His Prophets)."