It is unfortunate that most non-Muslims are unaware of the Muslim belief regarding Jesus and Mary. Indeed they may be shocked when they come to know it. In explaining our beliefs, we will translate the meaning of the Quranic verses which speak about Jesus and Mary. This approach, which employs the primary source of Islam, ensures accuracy in conveying our beliefs about them. The Quran is the great foundation of belief for Muslims in every time and place.
Jesus Life, His Miracles and His Being Raised Up
48. And He (Allah) will teach him [Jesus] the Book and the Wisdom, (and) the Torah and the Gospel.
49. And will make him (Jesus) a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord (Allah), that I fashion for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's Leave; and I heal the blind one, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a Sign for you, if you believe.
50. And I have come confirming what was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allah and obey me.
51. Truly! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.
52. Then when Jesus came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my Helpers in Allah's Cause?" the Disciples said: "We are the Helpers of Allah; we believe in Allah, and bear witness that we are Muslims (we are submitting ourselves to Allah)."
53. Our Lord! We believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the Messenger (Jesus); so write us down among those who bear witness (to the truth i.e. Lâ ilâha ill-Allah - none has the right to be worshipped except Allah).
54. And they (the disbelievers) plotted (to kill Jesus) but Allah also planned. And Allah is the Best of the planners.
55. And (remember) when Allah said: "O' Jesus! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you (of the forged statement that Jesus is Allah's son) of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (the Monotheists, who worship none except Allah) superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then you (all) will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."
56. "As for those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers."
57. And as for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah) and do righteous good deeds, Allah will pay them their reward in full. And Allah does not like the Zalimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers).
58. This is what We recite to you (O' Muhammad ) of the Verses and the Wise Reminder (the Quran).
110. And when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection). "O' Jesus, son of Mary! Recall My Favor upon you and upon your mother when I supported you with the Holy Spirit (Gabriel) so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in old age (thousands of years); and when I taught you writing, the Wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel; and when you made out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and you healed the blind, and the lepers by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) since you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.' "
111. And when I (Allah) put in the hearts of the Disciples (of Jesus) to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: "We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims (we submit ourselves to Allah)."
112. (Remember) when the Disciples said: "O' Jesus, son of Mary! Can your Lord send down to us a table spread (with food) from heaven?" Jesus said: "Fear Allah, if you are indeed believers."
113. They said: "We wish to eat thereof and to be stronger in Faith, and to know that you have indeed told us the truth and that we ourselves be its witnesses."
114. Jesus, son of Mary, said: "O' Allah, our Lord! Send down to us from heaven a table spread (with food) that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a festival and a sign from You; and provide us sustenance, for You are the Best of sustainers."
115. Allah said: "I am going to send it down unto you, but if any of you after that disbelieves, then I will punish him with a torment such as I have not inflicted on anyone among (all) the universe."
156. And because of their disbelief (the Jews) and their uttering against Mary a grave false charge (that she had committed adultery).
157. And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of Jesus was put over another man (and they killed that man - Judas), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge concerning it, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not (i.e. Jesus, son of Mary).
158. But Allah raised him (Jesus) up (his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allah is Ever All–Powerful, All–Wise.
159. And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), but must believe in him (Jesus, son of Mary, as only a Messenger of Allah and a human being), before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he (Jesus) will be a witness against them.